Am Getting an error at start up when launching the open Mrs download

Hi team, I have downloaded the open Mrs zip file (2.4.0) and expanded the .jar file but the open Mrs is not opening

Please advise

@dbakita are you referring to standalone version ?

@dbakita expand the archive, and then run the extracted openmrs-standalone.jar file. Your browser will open a new instance of the OpenMRS system

Yes the stand alone

Which os are you running ?

Am running on windows

Share the output of the command:

java -version

Hi Daud, here is the output attached

Downgrade the java version to 1.8 and share the experience!

Hi Daud,

Is it possible to assist me via team viewer?

Am not making progress.

My number is 0753252102 and WhatsApp 0793343952

Best Regards,

Doreen Bakita

1 Like

Have you ever had a chance to take a look at How To Unistall Java From Windows and as well How to Download & Install Java JDK 8 in Windows ?

Having a look at the links you mentioned

Hi Daud,

I downloaded the java 8 jdk but when I try to install it, I get the response below

Response is error 1335. The cabinet file ‘sj180301.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package

Have you tried to google about the log? If not clicking on this link should be a start!

Waiting to hear the experience!

@dbakita did you finally succeed ?

Hi Daud,

Not yet succeeded.

Any update on what you tried out ? Did you go through some resources I shared above ?

Hi Daud, Mr Dan Kayiwa guided me through and i installed the software. Thank you for the follow up.

1 Like

@dbakita do you mind sharing the steps followed through the guidance to have the software installed ?

1 Like